Tuesday 3 May 2011

What have you learnt from the audience feedback?

Audience feedback was a thing that we took most pride in, we had to find out exactly what our target audience needed and wanted, to do this we produced 20 copies of a questionnaire which I handed out to people in my hometown, around college and in our Media class, I did it to different ages so therefore we could get all different types of feedback, enabling us to reach out to all different audiences and hopefully meeting their needs and wants. We got very good feedback and concluded that our target audience would be men and women aged 16-24 because they’re the ones who are most likely to watch short films due to the fact our short film would most likely be shown in an educational environment due to short films not having a major affect on the media unlike cinemas. We asked questions like “Do you think flashbacks are an effective way of showing the past?” this enabled us to discover what the audience want to see and how they would like us to portray the past, we used many questions like this so we could edit it in a way that they would expect and want. We thought this was the best way to do it because we would avoid many issues along the way if we stuck to the questionnaire results because their permanent proof of what the audience would like to see.


We asked a few people of the age 16+ to watch our short film and give us there feedback on what they think we did well on and what they think we could improve on. Below I have included a picture of the candidates aswell as their transcripts. (All candidates names are kept anonymous for security reasons)

CANDIDATE ONE

AGED 17.. FULL TIME STUDENT

"I think that this short film was very interesting and informative of subjects we don't really know alot about being students, usually when being shown educational films I get quite bored but this one really kept me engaged because it related directly to my own age group which means I can relate heavily to this, it reminds me of me and my friends who go out quite a lot, it really makes you think about what can really hapen to you. I think if you were going to do it over maybe introduce the main character with a bit more depth so we know more about her for example her family life, upbringing etc, but overall I really enjoyed it"


 

CANDIDATE 2
AGED 18... FULL TIME STUDENT AND PART TIME WORKER

"Coming from a males perspective I think this short film was a bit harsh on the male front although I think it's a good thing for girls to see, some girls don't realise the consequences of their actions and are naive to think it won't happen to them as there are some serious weirdos out there. I think that it's good that you chose people of our age because it meant we can relate to them, also the location was really good. If you redid it the only bit of advice I would give you is to not single out males as there not all bad, Oh and I also think it's good how you showed that there is help for people that do have disabilities and people shouldn't be ashamed"

No comments:

Post a Comment