Tuesday 3 May 2011

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

Our ancillary tasks were a huge success, we planned out three different types of posters, while researching three before hand, We took many different aspects from each poster, for example the image that is on the front, the font of the text and the way the text lies across the image. The posters that we researched were from Deaf/Illness based films, we did this so we could find out exactly what a poster should look like in order to make the audience want to see it. We also drew out two poster ideas that we had and used one of them and it worked to our full advantage and we managed to create some good ideas on Photoshop. I was in charge of making the poster and I think I did a good job and the posters will entice the audience into watching the film. I think researched four different double page spread film reviews which I got off different websites such as www.totalfilm.com and www.empireonline.com, I printed them off and annotated them in my folder so I could see what was good and what was bad, therefore knowing exactly what we needed to put on our double page spread. We produced one which had screen shots of the film; big bold writing and one that we thought would really interest the audience. We included the rating, genre, running time and target audience age because we thought these were vital points to include so that the audience knew what to expect.



No comments:

Post a Comment